St. George's Church and Parish Buildings, St. Louis, MO, 1891, Tully & Clark

$ 49.00

Framing options (if desired):
Traditional Black frame - $70
Cherry Red frame - $70
Rich Brown Frame - $70
Traditional White Frame - $70
Framing Information

St. George's Church and Parish Buildings, St. Louis, MO
Tully & Clark, architect(s). From the American Architect and Building News, December 12, 1891. 8.75 by 6.75 inches. VG+.
St. George's Episcopal Church was located at the north-west corner of Olive Street and Pendleton Avenue from 1892 until 1928. It relocated there following a disastrous fire which destroyed its large stone edifice at Beat and Chestnut Streets. The chapel at the Pendleton site was built in part with stones from the burned out old church. After a long period of troublous times, it was decided to merge St. George's parish with that of St. Michael and All Angels on Wydown Boulevard, west of Skinker. This was done in 1928, at which time the new church was renamed as the Church of St. Michael and St. George. The Pendleton Avenue building was later acquired by St. Stephen's Luthern Church. This picture is extremely hard to find, as the American Architect and Building News not only had a very small circulation during that time, but very few were actually preserved or colored as this has been. It measures 8.75 by 6.75 inches. Has a mat border and foam core backing (not attached to the picture). The whole picture measures 14.5 by 11 inches (with border). Finely detailed and beautifully hand-colored. Shrink wrapped.

Related products